Pens Quant Corporation, Dallas, TX (April 2004 to April 2013)
- Provided Tier 3 support for all infrastructure, service desk and when required or requested
- Developed RCA’s (Root Cause Analysis) documents for problem tickets and provided presentations to CSC and PBGC Senior Management
- Participated in PBGC bi-annual Continuity of Operations (COOP) exercise by assisting of failing over PBGC resources, assisted users in tested in COOP environment and failover/failback PBGC resources at conclusion of exercise.
- Provided mentoring to new and/or junior WINTEL engineers in the practice, policies and procedures developed for the PBGC environment and developed work instructions for infrastructure activities to ensure repeatability and accuracy
- Troubleshooting Windows Server 2003/08, TCPIP/DNS, VMware, Domain Access, WSUS and Active Directory
- Monitor Network Infrastructure to detect faulty operation, anomalies, and security events.
- Develop sorting rules, dashboards, data monitors, and filters using Active Directory.
- Assist with decommissioning and removal of servers as needed. Ensure data is successfully backed up and properly stored in the event restore is necessary
- Install new /rebuild existing servers and workstations, building and deployment of systems images, and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Manage archival of data at both local and remote sites
- Take corrective action for any data backup that does not complete successfully
- Establish new user accounts, assigns privileges, and maintains system security, troubleshoots system and software problems
- Establish, update procedures and documentation
- Perform daily system monitoring and maintenance (data backup and restoration deployment of server and workstation images)
- Work cooperatively with other teams to resolve issues and meet objectives
Houston Associates Inc, Dallas, TX (June 1999 to November 2003)
Network Engineer/Mail Administrator
- Support of moderately complex LANs
- Coordinate all LAN administrative activities
- Support, configure, train, install, maintain document hardware and software logs,
- upgrades to servers, workstations, gateways and routers.
- Monitor server performance, network capacity, and security issues and analyzed and provided solutions for hardware and software problems.
- Perform backup and maintain infrastructure PC and LAN documentation.
- Coordinates basic user administration (adds, changes, deletes, disk space management, backups, and file restores).
- Maintain an inventory of all hardware and software residing in a particular department, evaluates software applications and hardware products to determine potential use and compatibility within a department and conducted audits on existing software to verify authorized use.
- Supported new technologies and kept current on products available in the market and acted as a liaison with outside vendors.
- Occasionally provides backup for mainframe systems support, including troubleshooting system problems and assisting users.
- Migrated Ccmail to GroupWise 5.5 and maintained the Mail servers i.e. Post Offices, Internet Agents, X.500, Web Access Agents, News Server, Web Server for Administration, FTP Server and maintain the activity logs
KAJAX Engineering, Inc, Houston, TX (February 1997 to May 1999)
- Support of a 3000-node Novell 4.X and Banyan Vines Network
- Managed user accounts providing support for setting passwords.
- Provided network support by mapping drives, creating print queues and templates
- Migrate departmental infrastructure systems upgrades from Novell 4.1 to Intranet ware 4.11
- Provide written and hands on instruction for use of the new interface for the users
- Changing the server and context,
- Manage Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Internetwork Packet Exchange (IPX)
- Configuring appropriate network interface adapters
- Assigning users to the most suitable printers.
- Troubleshooting and correcting hardware, software, and network-related issues
- Development/Document work instructions for the migration of Windows 95 and GroupWise 5.2
- Provided both hands on and written training for the following software packages
A.A. in Computer Technology – University of the District of Columbia