Screen, Rolling Meadows, IL (October 2005 to June 2013)
- Maintained Active Directory in 2003 Windows Server environment in two locations.
- Managed Barracuda first line of defense for email spam coming into our environment.
- Deployed the latest Microsoft critical updates using Windows Service Update Service (WSUS).
- Supported second location remotely for all workstations & servers.
- Supported home networks & laptops at home offices for work at home employees.
- Planned installation of Mitel Phone system for both Rolling Meadows & Irvine locations.
- Supported and Maintained the Mitel Phone system for both locations.
- Configured McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5Console.
- Used reporting tools from EPO to monitor the status of machines within the Network.
- Maintained Black Berry Enterprise Server & Configured Black Berry’s for all employees worldwide.
- Maintained Sage Software (ACT) master & remote databases for sales team.
- Supported marketing department utilizing Act database for email blasts.
- Supported Engineering department with networking large printers to workstations at customer locations.
- Configured & deployed machines as needed using Symantec Ghost imaging.
Illinois Institute Technology Research Institute, Chicago, IL (April 2003 to May 2005)
- Migrated to Active Directory 2003 from Windows NT4.
- Maintained Critical Updates for all Windows Servers which include NT4, 2000 and 2003.
- Maintained nightly backups using retrospect backup exec.
- Maintained MySQL for clinical testing software which involved scientific studies.
- Oracle DBA for Oracle Server & Application Server for Path Data Software.
- Worked with Symantec Ghost for deployment of workstations.
- Maintained and support Exchange 5.5 on a Windows 2000 Server.
- Used Big Brother on a Linux platform to monitor the network on three VLANS.
- Loaded and configured all Microsoft Servers.
PC Nation, Northbrook, IL (January 2002 to April 2003)
- Managed and developed relationships with customers and provided a consultative sales approach that delivered the highest level of account management.
- Found customers by making one hundred to one hundred fifty calls a day.
- Worked with customers on strategic planning and design of their networks.
- Supported customers on the installation and configuration of their networks.
- Maintained contact with current customers
- Recommended technology solutions to the customer
- Responded to inbound sales calls
- Ensured prompt processing and receipt of equipment orders
- Assisted customers with purchasing hardware and software licensing configurations
Parallel3.com. Lake in the Hills, IL (July 1996 to December 2002)
Network Installation & Operation Support
- Configured and troubleshot computer hardware, software and peripherals using TCP/IP protocols for customers to have access to the Internet, local network and other hardware and applications
- Maintained and upgraded Windows NT server workgroups and Windows 2000 web servers
- Upgraded and maintained security levels on Microsoft applications.
- Designed and setup workstation networks in Microsoft Windows environments
- Established guidelines and made recommendations for new hardware and licensing software for clients.
- Maintained Prophet 21 system to enable centralization of client accounting, purchasing, inventory control and order entry for the distribution industry.
- Maintained A backup and recovery solutions for customers
Associates in Computer Network Management – Westwood College Denver, Denver, CO