Lucas Investments, New York, NY (September 2010 to Present)
- Provide support for more than 300 databases with over 750 TB of data.
- Provide 24/7 on shift rotation support and monitor for databases to ensure SLA on health and uptime.
- Support the high availability of all databases running on production servers including Oracle Exadata, Oracle RAC, Oracle Data Guard, Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle TimesTen Replication, Sybase Replication and SQL Server Log Shipping.
- Install, configure, administer and upgrade Oracle Cloud Control 12c, 12cR2, 12cR3 with an Active/Active High Availability configuration.
- Support and maintain Oracle Databases in 9i/10g/11g and Oracle TimesTen running on AIX and Linux platforms that includes backup and recovery, monitoring, upgrades and patching.
- Upgrade several 4-node RAC from10gR2 to 11gR2 on AIX 6.1.
- Maintain, administer and optimize Oracle 11gr2 on Exadata X2-2 High Performance.
- Perform Oracle GoldenGate installations for both source and targets including database migrations.
- Migrate Sybase 12.5.4 and 15.5 databases from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10.
- Migrate Netezza from Mustang to Twin Fin systems for DEV, ITF and PRD.
- Migrate database from 10gR2 on AIX to 11gR2 on Oracle Exadata.
- Respond to all users’ requests and provide appropriate service whenever appropriate.
- Participate in a DR drill every 6 months between Boston and New York Data Centers.
Kinetic North America, Austin, TX (January 2006 to September 2010)
- Perform all Unix/Windows administrative functions (install, patch, maintain, troubleshoot, create users, monitor, and secure).
- Full database administration for company-wide databases (installation and configuration, patching and upgrade, capacity planning and sizing, performance tuning).
- Install and administer VMware ESX 4, IBM WebSphere Process Server and Business Monitor 6.1 and 6.2, Informatica 8.6.1.
- Install, manage and patch Oracle Application Server 10g and Oracle WebLogic 11g on Linux, UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Responsible for installation, setup, configuration and upgrade of Oracle Grid Control 10g OMS and agents.
- Design and implement backup and recovery strategies using RMAN and Grid Control on a periodic basis as well as SQL and shell scripts to monitor database health check and space growth.
- Develop database/server disaster recovery plan in working with the appropriate personnel.
- Identify hardware/software requirements for meeting current and future projects.
- Implement and maintain database security by applying Oracle hardening standards.
- Allocate system storage and plan for future storage requirements for the databases.
- Provide DBA support for development and testing teams during software lifecycles as well as on-call production support for different clients.
Hyatt Tower Hotel, Austin, TX (June 2002 to August 2005)
Assistant System Administrator
- Install, configure, and maintain peer-to-peer network using Windows 2000 Advanced Server using NT 4.0/2000, DNS, DHCP, routers, and cable modem.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot local and network printers, setup desktops and laptops to the LAN with application software, internet connection using IE5, email connection using Microsoft Exchange 2000, printer setup, Norton Anti-virus protection software, user accounts for LAN and e-mail systems.
Prism Computers, Austin, TX (June 2000 to April 2001)
- Establish high quality, proficient customer service that includes installation of Microsoft Operating Systems (ME/2000/XP) and Microsoft Office 2000, repair, maintenance, and upgrade of DELL and HP desktops, laptops and printers.
Master of Science in Internet Engineering -University of Texas, Austin TX
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science – University of Texas, Austin TX
- Platforms: Red Hat Linux 4/5/6, SUN Solaris 8/10, AIX 5.3, 6.1, Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server
- Databases: Oracle11g/10g/9i, Oracle TimesTen, Sybase ASE 12, 15, Netezza 6.0, SQL Server 2000/2003/2008, Microsoft Access 2003
- Hardware: IBM Blades HS Series, SUN Blades T Series, SUN Rack M Series, Dell Rack PowerEdge Series
- Application Servers: Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g Fusion Middleware Suite, Oracle WebLogic 11g, IBM WebSphere 6.1, 6.2
- Tools & Technologies: Toad, DBArtisan, RapidSQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Net, SQL*Loader, SQL Advantage, SQL Developer, SQL Optimizer, Sybase Interactive SQL, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Cloud Control, Oracle Portal, Oracle Workflow, Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Internet Directory, Oracle ASM, Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle UCM, Oracle OBIEE, Apache, Informatica 8.x, JDeveloper, Putty, Exceed, VI Editor, ERWin, Rational Rose, SVN, CVS, VSS, CruiseControl, VMware, HP Autosys, HP Service Manager, HP SiteScope