Barden Bearing Corp, Chicago, IL (June 2008 to June 2013)
- Provided desktop support for businesses in southern Connecticut.
- Troubleshot computer malfunctions and provided repair for both hardware and software issues.
- Replaced defective components such as hard drives, memory, motherboards and patch cables.
- Installed and configured desktop applications and peripheral devices.
- Loaded desktop and laptop computer images using NetInstall and Ghost software.
- Upgraded the O/S, installed patches and removed spyware and viruses.
- Used Active Directory to add and remove computers and users from the Domain.
- Relocated computer equipment to new locations and kept a database of their location.
- Updated the service tickets using Remedy or Magic software.
- Trained users on software and computer procedures and policies.
- Occasionally Installed and configured Cisco routers and switches.
City of Stamford, Stamford, CT (January 2003 to January 2007)
- Established Stamford’s first educational computer network for the Stamford Public School System.
- Setup and maintained 18 computer labs for the Public School System.
- Installed and configured file servers, workstations, printers, scanners and other peripheral devices.
- Loaded the NOS onto the servers and insured workstation and printer connectivity.
- Administered network security by creating user accounts, user groups using NDS and Active Directory.
- Managed file rights and folder permissions.
- Installed applications and setup the user’s desktop to meet with the instructor’s needs.
- Successfully completed over seven thousand hardware and software computer repairs in a timely manor.
- Upgraded older computers and created and maintained workstation images using Ghost Software.
- By overseeing the Helpdesk I played an active role in insuring customer satisfaction.
- Evaluated and assigned service calls and provided daily phone support for technical problems.
- Wrote installation and repair procedures and participated in various IT projects.
- Directed the work of three Desktop Technicians and inspected the work of outside vendors to insure contractual compliance.
Elixer Electronics, Norwalk, CT (February 2000 to December 2003)
- Analyzed and resolved software and hardware malfunctions and kept records of the repairs.
- Built custom generic workstations to customer specifications.
- Installed motherboards, hard drives, modems, network cards and other peripheral devices.
- Provided Network administration on Novell network by creating User and Group accounts.
- Managed user file and security rights.
- Worked closely with the sales department providing technical expertise during sales visits.
Executive Business Machines, Fairfield, CT (March 1997 to January 2000)
Field Service Technician
- Provided field service and support for I.B.M, Xerox, and Compaq office equipment.
- Troubleshot equipment problems and performed both hardware and software repairs.
- Installed system boards, hard drives, LCD’s and various Interface cards.
- Installed a wide variety of programs, operating systems and other peripheral devices.
- Significantly reduced the number of service calls by aggressive machine maintenance.
MCITP in Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7 – Western Technical College, El Paso, TX
CompTIA A+ Certification – Western Technical College, El Paso, TX
BA in Information Technology – Western Technical College, El Paso, TX